Sunday, June 28, 2009

2 weeks down!

Wow! IMS and part of Gateway, the first two weeks of training, are COMPLETE! It has been filled with so many adventures, good and stretching, both physically, mentally and especially Spiritually! I think that the Lord is really growing each and everyone of us here. Getting to the IOC (International Operations Center) for Mercy Ships was exciting and so surreal. My roommate is Danae, who is from Canada and will be teaching 2nd grade on the ship, and we have really hit it off! It is so unique how our training group is so inclusive with everyone! Like even right now, we are sitting here in the living room of our dorm, couches circled around a small tv, watching a chick flick! And last night, we went Country Line Dancing, TEXAS style! We were by far the youngest crowd there, but it was so much fun! I dont want to bore you with a lot of writing, so Ill post a bunch of pictures to explain what we are learning, and what in the world we are doing in Texas :)


Keepin' up the tradition! I like to walk around this little lake (on the property here at the IOC) during quiet times and have lunch on the dock... but with 100 degree weather and 40% humidity... its HOT!


Anchored in the Word of the Lord! I want to know the boundaries of God! Lord, please break me and mold me into your image... this week has been very Spiritually stretching and draining...but I am realllllly enjoying it!


Line Dancing Texas Style!!
(Average Age of group: 70+)
It was such a fun night!


Roomie! Danae! from Canada eh!
Shes going to be the 2nd grade teacher...and were praying that we will be able to room together on the ship too!


Welcome BBQ at Brian Blackburn's house! All the girls of our training group! There's only like 5 guys...and we made them take the pictures :) hehe!



First Church service in Texas! "First-time" parking spot! :)
We walk to church...its across the field...and Paul Baloche is the worship leader..supposedly..but we haven't seen him yet..Danae's REALLY excited to meet him ;) LOL!


Captain Christina! (Like the alliteration??) That is the Ship "Africa Mercy" that we will be living on! We will start in Benin and stay there until December 10th, then go to the Canary Islands for a month for inspections and dry docking, then to Togo for 6 months...then prayfully we will be headed for South Africa for 6-10 months!!



Saying goodbye to my Daddy... This is my home for the next 5 weeks.. MUCH bigger than I will get for the next 2 years!


Welcome to the IOC!!! International Operations Center for Mercy Ships! We will be here until July 23rd-ish... then off to Benin, Africa!!! Woot Woot!

I love you guys! PLEASE email me or comment ANYtime! Also, I update my facebook often, so you may check that out as well! Thank you for your prayers! Please continue to keep me in your prayers! THANK YOU!

EMAIL: csorman@gmail.com
FACEBOOK: Christina Orman



No comments:

Post a Comment