Friday, November 6, 2009

November already?!

Danae and I at our 1st Open House!!

October has FLOWN by!! and We are in NOVEMBER now!! Wow!! I dont know what is more strange, that it is November, or that I am almost 1/4 of the way done with my commitment with Mercy Ships... at the end of December it will be 1/4 completed! crazy! Im still enjoying ship life and there always seems to be 1sts for so many things! Like my first Open House night! I have 2 blogs for you to check out! They have really neat articles about this night! It was SO fun!! The whole ship was invited into our classrooms, as our areas are not open to the public, because we are a full functioning school, and our students are not on "display" for people to just come and see all the time. But Open House night is different! It is a time to "show off" what the school is all about and what we do, what the students have been accomplishing, and to have some fun. My classes were very creative, as we created a contraption of some sort, combinging Newton's laws of motion, pulley systems, and even a little bit of chemical reaction! It was wonderful fun watching the students get excited during our practice runs throughout the week, and even more exciting when it came time to actually demonstrate it during the open house! we may have had a few blips...but that didnt matter! There were still a ton of people having fun and watching it with wide-eyes! :) It definately encouraged me! :) Check out the Blogs for pictures and for a little more story:

http://brianandwarrie.blogspot.com/2009/11/late-for-devos-and-academy-open-house.html
and
http://mercyshipadventure.blogspot.com/

well its getting pretty late... 3:14pm for Californians...and 12:14am Benin time! ...I have SO much more to tell you!! I will write very soon!! please pray for this upcoming week..its going to be VERY busy!! Thank you!!! I miss you and love you all!! :-D




Haley and I!


My student's contraption! ....it starts behind me!! (a pulley system) ....and ends in the sink! it was so much fun to see all my classes work come together as one project all together!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog. See you in the morning for church. I am preparing something - you be ready too!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete